Yohan
idioms I would like to know more about "idioms". I know most languages have them, but I would like you to share with me some of the most english idioms and their meanings...i'm learning English and it's a little bit confusing to me. Thanks
Dec 29, 2015 1:59 AM
2
0
There are many English idioms used on a regular bases by native speakers. Here are a few fairly common ones: ~to go bananas = to go crazy "This annoying song on the radio is making me bananas!" You could also say "driving me bananas" ~piece of cake = something that is easy "The driving exam was a piece of cake." ~bring home the bacon = to earn money, usually in context of the household "My wife brings home the bacon since she is a successful doctor." ~feeling under the weather = to feel ill/sick "I am staying home from school today because I feel under the weather. I think I have the flu." ~on cloud nine = to be very happy "After a successful first date, I was on cloud nine." ~put in one's two cents = to say one's opinion "I put in my two cents at the business meeting." ~once in a blue moon = very rarely "Sometimes we will have lunch together, but only once in a blue moon." Hope that helps a bit!
December 29, 2015
Yohan
English, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
German, Japanese