Zainab
Are these sentences correct :( ? 1..... remember there is no impossible, just believe in yourself and try to defeat your difficulties. Who knows, maybe you will be a hero for someone? 2. She taught me a lot of important things. I learned how to be always a positive and optimistic person. 3. That gave her a great power to continue the journey. **with "a" or not
Dec 30, 2015 6:25 PM
5
1
1..... remember there is no impossible, just believe in yourself and try to defeat your difficulties. Who knows, maybe you will be a hero for someone? Remember there is nothing that is impossible. Believe in yourself and try to conquer your challenges in life. Who knows, maybe you will become someone's hero ? 2. She taught me a lot of important things. I learned how to be always a positive and optimistic person. She taught me a lot of important things. I leanred how to always be a positive and optomistic person. 3. That gave her a great power to continue the journey. **with "a" or not That gave her great motivation to continue with her journey.
December 30, 2015
1. You have several options here, but "no impossible" is not one of them. You could say, "not impossible", "nothing is impossible", or "no such thing as impossible". Why can't you say "no impossible"? In very general terms, "no" goes with a noun (for example: no salt, no hope, no experience) and "not" goes with an adjective (for example: not expensive, not bad, not difficult). The matter is not quite as simple as that, but within the context of your example, I think this explanation suffices. 2. Personally, I would have put "always" between "to" and "be" ("to always be"), as Elizabeth-Anne did, but that is our stylistic choice. I'm not sure that it is a grammatical requirement. I'm not an expert in grammar, however, so perhaps someone else will weigh in on this. 3. I would omit "a" in this case ("great power" or "great motivation", as Elizabeth-Anne suggested). Why? Generally speaking, uncountable nouns do not take an indefinite article.
December 30, 2015
Zainab
Arabic, English