Alexandra
Is my translation correct? The original sentence: 만약 당신이 상당한 시간을 해외를 여행하는데 보내지 않는다면 감당하기에 벅찬 일이 될 수 있다. My translation: Unless you've spent a considerable amount of time travelling abroad, it can be a daunting/difficult task to handle.
Dec 30, 2015 10:30 PM
5
1
"만약 당신이 상당한 시간을 해외를 여행하는데 보내지 않는다면 감당하기에 벅찬 일이 될 수 있다." Your translation: Unless you've spent a considerable amount of time travelling abroad, it can be a daunting/difficult task to handle. I think it is fine except for one thing. The original sentence says "보내지 않는다면", which is in present tense. So the translation should be "Unless you spend..." rather than "Unless you've spent...". The sentence matching your translation would be: 만약 당신이 상당한 시간을 해외를 여행하는데 보내지 않았다면... That's all the nit I can pick with it :-)
December 30, 2015
No it's from some blog on naver. Good observation though, because whoever wrote it translated it from some other language (probably English)
December 31, 2015
Your translation is very clean and good besides the tense. However, I'm confident that the original sentence itself is either translated from a Western language, or written in this awkward form on purpose of being easy to handle by Western people. Is it from TTMIK?
December 31, 2015
Alexandra
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Korean
Chinese (Mandarin), French, Korean