Rubby
한국 호칭 When talking with my mother in law, and i wanna mention about my husband, in case of we have children, i can say: child's name + 아빠. However, if we do not have any child, so can i mention my husband? 우리 집사람 okie? Thank you so much
7
0
Referring to one's husband while speaking to one's mother-in-law. This is a complicated part of the language because the term may change depending on who you are speaking with. Here are terms by which a wife can refer to her husband when speaking with her mother-in-law or other elders: - 영수 아빠 (assuming 영수 is the son's name) - common traditional way. - 아범 - 아범 is a humble word for 아버지. - 그이 - "그이" = 그 사람 = "he". - 김 서방 (husband's last name is 김) - traditional way, may be improper to elders?? - 철수 씨 (husband's first name is 철수) - improper, but some young wives use it. * 영수 아빠, 그이, and "XX 씨" may be used even when talking to friends. * 김 서방 may be used with relatives or friends but probably not the best choice with elders( I think it is old-fashioned and fading in usage). * 아범 is only used when speaking with someone who is senior to her husband, following the principle of lowering someone junior when speaking with someone senior to them. * colloquial terms for "wife": 처, 아내, 안사람, 집사람, 와이프(wife). * colloquial terms for "husband": 남편, 바깥사람, 바깥양반, 그이. ("우리" may be added before the above words to show affection) * 집사람 is never used in reference to a husband - it always means "my wife".
I'm pretty sure 집사람 is for wife, not husband. I'm not sure if the formality is acceptable, but one way of calling one's husband is 우리 남편.
감사합니다
In this case, we say that "family name + 서방" , for example , My name is Seongho Kim and you can say me to your mother in law, "Kim(김) + 서방".
Rubby
English, Korean, Spanish, Vietnamese
Korean