keynes
Portuguese in Africa Hello guys! I have always wondered if the portuguese from Africa, for example, Angola has more similarities or differences with the one from Portugal or Brasil.
4 янв. 2016 г., 16:29
5
1
Hello Keynes! On Portuguese speaking countries in Africa (and also in Asia), they adopt the European Portuguese. We know that each region has particularities that can make them differ even from each other and this can include a possible use of some Brazilian expressions... But they have more similarities with the one from Portugal. For example, I am Brazilian and I could talk to people from Angola, Mozambique and Cape Verde. To me they sound like people that I could talk in Portugal (the differences were really minimal to me). NOTE: "Windeck" is the name of a popular Angolan telenovela and Youtube has some videos of this TV Show. Maybe you can watch some videos and them compare with Portugal's TV shows videos. I hope it can be useful.
5 января 2016 г.
In Portugal old people say a lot "Como vai?". In Portugal people use also gerund but it can depend. Usually it's for complete informations, but exist some zones where people use it more than others.
18 января 2017 г.
"I also know that Portuguese people have more difficulties than Angolans to understand Brazilians because Angolans watch a lot of Brazilian series which accustomed them and sometimes in Angola". That isnt true at all. Brazilians have troubles in understand portugueses, portugueses doesnt have troubles in understand any of them. I don't know if you know but since 1977 Portugal have soap opera Brazilian and the same doesnt happen in Brazil so they have troubls in understand us. We also can understand Angolans or from any other country if they don't speak Creoule.
18 января 2017 г.
All portuguese-speaker countries have adopted the European portuguese and as far as Angola is concerned, i know that there are a lot of similarities with Brazil that there aren't with Portugal when it comes to dishes, as for example in Angola they have a Feijoada which is quite similar to the Brazilian one. The culture samba, capoeira, Quilombo... or words like bunda, cacimba... which come from Angolan tribal languages because during the colonization, Africain slaves (mainly from Angola) were sent to Brazil by Portuguese and through these years they kept some similarities. I also know that Portuguese people have more difficulties than Angolans to understand Brazilians because Angolans watch a lot of Brazilian series which accustomed them and sometimes in Angola you can hear people say "Oi!" or "como vai?" or sometimes young people at times using the gerund like Brazilians as for instance: " Estou comendo..."
20 января 2016 г.
keynes
English, French, Portuguese
Portuguese