zhanghongxiang
how to understand the "But don’t get Will to pay for it. I’ll get it for you next birthday.’? ‘Errrrrr. No. If I wore what I actually wore to bed I would get arrested,’ he snubs. ‘Gotta love a birthday suit.’ ...... ‘He’s coming. He wouldn’t miss this,’ I snap. ‘Yes, but there’s an entry fee, Darcy, even if it is for charity and we all know that Will’s big sister hardly has money to spare . . . I mean . . .’ ‘You mean what? What do you mean?’ My blood begins to boil. NOT another fight. We still haven’t recovered from the food fight we had before that left me suspended and gave me a nosebleed from a flailing jacket potato. Already, just one second into the charity sleepover, and I’m ready to attempt to singe his face with lukewarm hot chocolate. Well, try to, at least. ‘Watch it, Burdock, get a sense of humour . . .’ He shakes his head and puts his hands up as if I’m about to arrest him. I bite my tongue. ‘But don’t get Will to pay for it. I’ll get it for you next birthday.’ He patters off. do the two "birthdays" have connections ?
4
0
The two birthdays dont have a connection. They have different meanings. The first birthday, ‘Gotta love a birthday suit.’ A Birthday suit is being naked. He's saying he loves being naked. The second birthday is an actual birthday, ‘But don’t get Will to pay for it. I’ll get it for you next birthday.’
Will is another person that they are talking about. Darcy is telling Burdock (the 'I') not to bother Will to buy the suit and he will buy Burdock the suit during Burdock's Birthday instead. Darcy is telling Burdock that he is not wearing anything to sleep that is he sleeps naked.
zhanghongxiang