Karine
Replaced BY X Replaced WITH Hi guys! Is there any tip that shows me when I should use "replace by/with"? I tought the correct preposition was BY, however, I have just read a text on BBC and they used "replaced with". Last week I wrote a little text and used "replaced by". Is it wrong? The sentence was: "On 18st December of the same year Mister Levi was replaced with Mister Nelson Barbosa" Many thanks in advance :) Karine.
1
0
I'm sorry no one has answered this tricky but good question yet! Here are some sentences: a) The coach replaced Payet with Carroll in the second half of the match. (active / person) b) The football went flat and so the referee replaced it with a new one. (active / thing) c) Payet was replaced by Carroll in the second half of the match. (passive / person) d) There is no pizza in the restaurant today. The waiters should tell the diners that it will be replaced by / with pasta. (passive / thing)
Karine
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Portuguese, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Spanish