Paula
Are this two sentences correct? 저는 크리스마스에 많은 선물을 받을 거예요. 저는 크리스마스에 선물을 많이 받을 거예요. I'll receive a lot of gifts for Christmas. Are both of these sentences correct? I translated it using the first sentence, but I checked the book and the solution is the second one.
7
0
저는 크리스마스(때)에 많은 선물을 받을 거예요. 저는 크리스마스(때)에 선물을 많이 받을 거예요. Both OK.
Bothe are grammatically correct, but... The future tense in Korean expresses more of an intention/determination, especially when the subject is "I". And "receiving gifts" isn't something where your intention/determination matters much. Therefore, we have to reconstruct the sentences to something similar to: "I will end up receiving many gifts" A) 저는 크리스마스에 많은 선물을 받게 될거예요. B) 저는 크리스마스에 선물을 많이 받게 될거예요. We can say that A) and B) are almost the same, but A) sounds more "mature" Cádiz? I envy you.
"Would it be correct without (때)에?" 1. 저는 크리스마스에 많은 선물을 받을 거예요. OK => 저는 크리스마스 많은 선물을 받을 거예요. BROKEN! - "에" is necessary. 2 (A) 저는 크리스마스에 선물을 많이 받을 거예요. OK => (B) 저는 크리스마스 선물을 많이 받을 거예요. OK, but the meaning is slightly altered. 2-A means "I will receive a lot of gifts FOR CHRISTMAS". 2-B is "I will receive a lot of CHRISTMAS GIFTS". So, an adverb phrase 크리스마스에(for Christmas) is removed and "크리스마스" is placed before 선물 (gifts) to function as an adjective. The sentences are structurally different, though the meaning is still quite close.
Paula
English, Korean, Spanish
Korean