Hawash
I find it a little confusing for me to know when to use "WOULD" instead of "WILL" , any solutions ?!
4
0
Text book answer is: 1.past of will1, in various senses. "he said he would be away for a couple of days" 2. (expressing the conditional mood) indicating the consequence of an imagined event or situation. "he would lose his job if he were identified" As a native speaker I only use "will" when I am certain/have no doubt that whatever I am talking about is going to happen in the future. I use the word "would" for situations I think might happen or if I am not sure/don't have control of the outcome.
WOULD: Is usually used when explaining something you did/didn't do or do/don't do. ("would/wouldn't do ____") It is also used to give someone your opinion or to express a desire. Its hard to explain without using the word, so here are some examples: "I would have gone to the store today, but my car wouldn't start." "I would like to walk in the park today." "There wouldn't be a problem if you had been more polite." "I would study more for that test if I were you." WILL: Is used mainly to state something that is definitely going to happen or expected to happen. Also, possibly used in an order (final example). "I will go to the store today after I get my car fixed." "I will go for a walk in the park today." "There will be a problem if you aren't more polite." "You will study more for that test!" WILL can also be used as a word to express someone's determination ("will power"), desire, or orders. "John lost his legs in the war, but he maintained a will to live on." "All the members of government bent to his will." Hope that helps!
Hawash
Arabic, English, German
German