Ruslan
It isn't "and as well as" or "in doing so"? 1. In 1839, Horace Hayden and Chapin Harris established the first dental school, and as well as created the basis for uniform dental care. 2. In 1839, Horace Hayden and Chapin Harris established the first dental school, and in doing so created the basis for uniform dental care.
8
0
Number 2
1. In 1839, Horace Hayden and Chapin Harris established the first dental school as well as created the basis for uniform dental care. .. ok As well as means " in addition to what is mentioned" I liked football as well as bowling ( In the past) I like football , as well as any game that uses a football , very much. I you "comma" the word "as well as" like above ; then that part is only an added part which will not affect the meaning of the main clause which is " I like football very much" 2. In 1839, Horace Hayden and Chapin Harris established the first dental school, and BY doing so created the basis for uniform dental care...ok BY doing so > by establishing the clinic , they created the basis ... In doing so > means "while doing something " He kicked the ball hard towards the house , in doing so he fell .> He fell while kicking the ball. He kicked the ball hard towards the house , by doing so he fell .> He fell because he kicked the ball hard ( by >shows the reson which is he had kicked the ball too hard till he lost balance))
Thanks hamno, I should learn how to use phrase "as well as" well. :-)
What I think is: 1, loose connection -> He did this and that.. 2, strong connection -> As a collateral, but inevitalbe result he also created the..
Ruslan
Arabic, English, Indonesian, Italian, Javanese, Turkish
Arabic, English, Italian, Turkish