Brian
'Are you married to each other?' How would you ask it to a man and a woman in front of you, without being awkward/rude? Thanks!
3
0
I would ask: είστε παντρεμένoi; I think in this case "being or not being rude" depends on situation... not on the form of your question (it is my opinino, I might be wrong) for example, I and my boyfriend were asked if we are a married couple in the plane because stewardess wanted to know how many customs declaration forms we need. It was not rude at all.
I think it might be slightly awkward but I would just as " are you two married?". The to each other is implied in the question in that situation,. If you ask someone individually "if he is/she is married" then it is implied in general not to a particular person.
Brian
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), French, German, Persian (Farsi), Russian, Spanish, Turkish
French, Persian (Farsi), Russian