Community Web Version Now Available
Word Office in English? I find very difficult to express in English the following sentence: - Este ejercicio puedes hacerlo en Word. I always do a translation word by word and any English speaker understands me LOL could you tell me how can you refer to the programme Word Office in English? Thank you very much.
Jan 9, 2016 11:39 AM
Answers · 7
The programme is Microsoft Word. It is also common to omit 'Microsoft' and just say 'Word', the same as in Spanish. 'Microsoft Office' refers to the package of programmes that includes Word (as well as Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
January 9, 2016
Simply as "Word" or if referring to the suite of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint - MS Office.
January 9, 2016
Speaking as a 'informático', I usually refer to it as MS Word. Note, also, that it is customary to capitalize the first letter. That can serve to differentiate between Word the software and 'word' the word :) On the topic, that isn't even the worst of the names that Microsoft uses. There are two different things that Microsoft makes that are called 'Project' - one a type of database file and another a software for project management. Neither should have that name as it causes confusion, and they also get confused with each other. It can be a real nuisance.
January 9, 2016
Language Skills
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Learning Language
English, French, German, Italian