loulou703
what does "keep the diffrence"here mean? He told her that he had noted down exactly what he had borrowed so as to keep his accounts in order. As it happened this was true. He knew that his debts in Brasso amounted to exactly fifteen thousand, three hun- dred and seventy-seven crowns, and he would keep the difference as he would now have to find somebody who would pay back Dinora’s drafts and, until that person was found, he would need money to live. After all, he would never solve his problems if he didn’t go to balls and meet people ^ and no one could live without a cent in their pockets.
3
0
I did not read your passage . But, "keep the difference" is to keep for yourself whatever that is more than the original or real amount . Example: How much is the dress? I think its about 500 ? Never mind , I shall give you 550, and you can keep the difference if its less than 500 as my tip to you.
loulou703