Meg.T
"I work out from home. "vs "I work from home." Do these sentences mean the same thing? What does "out" mean in the first sentence? Thank you!
2016年1月10日 02:28
8
0
"to work out" - to exercise, to train - I work out *at* home instead of going to the gym. "to work from home" - to work at home instead of at an office or other workplace - I have been working from home since the baby was born. I work out "from" home - I have not heard of this usage so if you could provide the source of your quote, I may be able to comment further.
2016年1月10日
Thank you everyone for answering my question!
2016年1月10日
Both sentences mean the exact same thing. However, the term work out can mean physically working out, gym. So in that case you would say, I work out at home. " AT" is needed to mean you are working out at your house, not from your house. You still would not say I work out from home to mean you "workout " as in doing gym work. So its tricky. So if you work out from home, or work from home, it means the exact same thing. A small percent of people will say work out from home, majority will just say work from home. But working out at home, is a different meaning, that is doing gym workout at home.
2016年1月10日
I work from home. ( if job related ) I workout at home. ( if exercise related )
2016年1月10日
I'm not a native, so maybe I'm not right, but to work out means to train (for example exercises with weights in the gym). So in this case I think "I work from home" is better.
2016年1月10日
Meg.T
English, Italian, Japanese
English, Italian