秉奇
I take them to "the"? Chimei Museum / to appreciate a rich collection of sth / to appreciate items.. 1. For those who enjoy visiting museums, I can take them to Chimei Museum, where you can appreciate a rich collection of Western paintings and sculptures. - Should I add an "the" before "Chimei Museum"? And, is the other part of the sentence correct? Can "appreciate" collocate with "collection"? 2. There are many collectible items worth you appreciating in the Chimei Museum. - Is this sentence correct? Can "appreciate" collocate with "items"? Thanks!
1
0
Probably, "the" Chimei Museum sounds better because "Chimei" is being used as an adjective, and this is the convention for most museums e.g. the British Museum, the National Gallery. I've corrected your texts below: In 1., change "you" for "they", just to maintain consistency. In 2. delete "you". something (is) worth + ing. Appreciate items is good in this context. Good sentences.
秉奇
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Spanish