Victoria
when 이/가 is used , and when 은/는 ? what are the differences between them? for example: 그 사람들은 차를 마셨습니다.....은 어제 사람들이 많이 있었습니다....이
2016年1月10日 20:37
6
0
Ah, one of the most difficult questions relating to Korean for foreign speakers! I'll try to answer this question to the best of my ability. 은/는: 1. When making a comparison or noting a difference, 은/는 should be used. 강아지는 좋지만 개는 싫어요. Puppies are nice, but dogs aren't. 2. As Tyler said, 은/는 is used if the subject is already known to both speakers. This can apply to facts you both know or something that was already brought up in the current conversation. 가: 나는 어제 경제학 시럼을 봤어요. 나: (그 시험은) 어땠어요? 가: 잘 했어요. A: I took my Economics test yesterday. B: How was it? A: I did well. 3. When introducing yourself, 은/는 should be used. 나는 빅토리아입니다. I am Victoria. 4. 은/는 can be used to emphasize certain points of the sentence. What I'm referring to here is a bit advanced and honestly I don't understand it too well yet myself. Just take note of this grammar point for now. 이/가: 1. When introducing a new topic of conversation, 이/가 should be used. Let's imagine we're continuing the conversation speaker A and speaker B had earlier about the Economics test. 가: 잘 했어요. 나: 오늘 날씨가 어때요? 가: 모르겠어요. 뉴스를 못 봤어요. A: I did well. B: How is the weather today? A: I don't know. I didn't get a chance to watch the news. Other than that, you can just use 이/가 in situations not addressed in the 은/는 section. I struggle with 은/는 and 이/가 a great deal as a fellow Korean language learner, but this information should help you. Good luck!
2016年1月10日
those are basically same thing, but usually use 은/는 if you already know the subject. I'll use a similar example. 어제 사람들이 많이 있었습니다. 그 사람들은 차를 마셨습니다. :D
2016年1月10日
Victoria
Korean, Russian
Korean