Mirei
"sobre" and "en" How do you say about? Is there a difference between sobre and en? Like for example, I read a sign that said " ... sobre toaster oven" And I thought that it was supposed to say "en toaster oven."
6
0
I didn't understand your point at all... But the differences are: Sobre = above En = it can be used as "in", "on" or "at". Ex. *La manzana está sobre la mesa ~ this means that the apple is above the table *I'll be there on April = Estaré ahí en Abril. * I'm at the cinema = Estoy en el cine *He's in the classroom = Él está en el salón de clases
Hi Mirei, - "Sobre el horno" means over the oven or about the oven. Dejé el guante de cocina sobre el horno = I left the kitchen glove over (on) the oven. El cuadro estaba colgado sobre el tostador = The painting was hung over the toaster. - "En el horno" means in the oven. El pollo está en el horno = The chicken is in the oven. Esconderemos el dinero en el horno = I will hide the money in the oven. About - Talk me about your father. = Háblame sobre/de tu padre. - The book is about a single mother. = El libro trata sobre una madre soltera. - There were about one thousand people there. = Allí habia alrededor de mil personas. - The rain stopped about six thirty in the morning. = La lluvia paró hacia/sobre/alrededor de las seis y media de la mañana. - What do you think about the new player? = ¿Qué te parece el nuevo jugador?/¿Qué opinas del nuevo jugador? - Please come in, I was about having a cup of tea. = Entra por favor, iba a tomarme una taza de té. - There were small pieces all about = Había pequeñas piezas por todas partes. - The circus is two hundred meters about = La plaza tiene doscientos metros de perímetro. I hope this helps you, for any further questions just contact me.
Mieri, busca en este link, lo explican muy bien (está en español): http://elblogdegramatica.blogspot.com.es/2012/09/preposiciones-en-sobre-encima-de-usos-y.html
Hi there! Just as in english you could say over as "sobre" when talking about objects over/above something or some place. Refering to objets located on some place, for example, on the table or on the bed, you can pretty much use both indistinctly. However, it would be much more natural for a speaker if we make a distinction: For example if you were talking about a blanket being on the bed you could say: "La manta está sobre la cama" or "La manta está en la cama" or "La manta está encima de la cama". We all could understand what you mean, but the first one "sobre" should be better used when talking about the blanket covering most of the bed's surface. And the last one should be better used when talking about the opposite situation as if the blanket was ready to be picked up and not covering anything. The second one could be both depending on the context. Also you can use "en" when you're referring to something inside another thing. For example in the oven or in the closet should be translated as "en el horno" or "en el armario". So, as you can see "en" is pretty versatile. Hope I helped!
Hi, I'm sorry I didn't get your point. Sobre el horno tostador. Aquí está hablando del lugar, sobre o ensima del horno. En el horno tostador. Aquí está hablando de colocado dentro del horno. Hope that helps!
Mirei
English, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish
Japanese, Spanish, Swedish