Mohammadreza
Would you translate "como es debido" into English?
7
0
As Camilo says, there's no direct translation. Here are some example sentences from the Oxford Spanish/English dictionary. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/translate/spanish-english/debido?q=como+es+debido&searchDictCode;=spanish#como_es_debido pórtate/siéntate como es debido behave/sit properly! behave/sit right! (American English) correspondió como es debido, invitándolos a su casa she responded in the proper manner by inviting them to her house a ver si hoy hacemos una comida como es debido let's have a proper o real meal today un hombre como es debido no se habría comportado de esa manera a real man would not have behaved in that way
Interesting one. I had a look at linguee as suggested by Camilo. "as appropriate" and "properly" seem to be close ones, but I can see too that it can't be translated the same way in every context. Collins had the fantastic translation, "as is (only) right and proper", which sounds good but pompous! Thank you for the question and comments.
Thanks a lot for your answer! I'll have a look at it. By the way, "como es debido" is a phrase that I use a lot when Speaking Spanish, so I wanted to know how to say it in English. It's not good news that there is no direct translation for it. :)
I think there is no direct translation. You should write the whole sentence in order to find an accurate translation. Maybe the site www.linguee.es could help you.
Mohammadreza
English, Persian (Farsi), Spanish, Turkish
English, Spanish, Turkish