Sonia
Help me understand this paragraph. Getting out of bed was, quite possibly, even harder to do than other days even it was happening a few hours later. My body had been briefly tricked into thinking that it would actually get to catch up, had depended on reducing that infamous "sleep debt" we'd learned about in Psych 101, when I wrenched it from bed. I understand roughly that the speaker talks about the difficulty of getting up on a certain day, but what does it exactly mean "my body gets to catch up" and "I wrenched it from bed"?
2
0
I believe this paragraph is talking about how someone is physically struggling to get out of bed. So, mentally they are prepared to get up but, their body has not caught up with their mental state. As for 'when I wrenched it out of bed', I believe they're talking about their body again. For example, it was SO difficult to physically get out of bed that they had to wrench their body out of the bed. I hope I have read the paragraph in the correct context. I hope this helps!
Sonia