Gil-seop
at? in? of? "But one day, a professor in MIT recognizes his talents." In those sentence, I mean "a professor who works in MIT" with "a professor in MIT." Is "a professor in MIT" unnatural? Should I say "a professor at MIT" or "a professor of MIT"? Which is correct? The prepositions are killing me..haha. Please help me!
9
0
The quick fix for this problem is to simply say "an MIT professor". Personally, I think "a professor that teaches at MIT" sounds the most natural, but other people may disagree with me. Sometimes there is more than one option with prepositions! Laurence
We always say "at work", so that is the basis I would follow for this. Here is a really useful website for prepositions that I use to develop the English of many of y advanced students. Good luck!! Tom http://www.englishpage.com/prepositions/prepositions.html
In English we say "at ..." I ate at my house I danced at the nightclub I drank with friends at the bar For instance, in Spanish, I know they say 'en la casa' etc, and that provoked thought about how many other languages speak naturally in that context
You can use any of those prepositions. They're all fine. However, "a professor at MIT" would be the most common way of saying it.
Gil-seop