Mishka
How to use 'belong to' correctly? ‘Earth belongs to solar system’. ‘The issue of Syria belongs to international issue, not domestic issue’. Are these two statements right? I often have problem when I use 'belong to'. If I should not use it, what's the synonyms for 'belong to'? Thank you for reply!
1
0
Earth belongs to solar system’. > The solar system is the owner of earth . Belongs to > show ownsership. Earth is part of our sloar system >better This land / bag / computer/ money belongs to me ( I am the owner of these things ) . Synonyms for 'belong to'? This is his land / his computer etc ‘The issue of Syria belongs to international issue, not domestic issue’. X The issues of Syria is an international issue , not a domestic issue. An issue cannot be a owner . Just like you cannot say" This belongs to international matters" The nearest you can say is "This issus should belong to The United Nation , so that they can take actions ".
Mishka
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Spanish