秉奇
verb tenses I will take the exam after I finish/have finished studying all these books. We will move to London after we get/have got married. I will send you a copy after the books arrive/have arrived. -Which is correct? Thanks!
13 Th01 2016 14:48
2
0
That's a good question. All the options are correct. Perhaps you would be more likely to choose the present perfect e.g. "have finished" if you have started the books but not yet finished. But really, you could choose either. The present perfect emphasises the result of an activity, a completed action. So in sentences with "after", it's possible to choose this tense when you want to emphasise the result more than the activity itself. But it's a very subtle distinction and it's not necessary to make it in practice.
13 tháng 1 năm 2016
I agree with Michael. Both sentences in each pair are correct, and the difference between them is minimal.
13 tháng 1 năm 2016
秉奇
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Spanish