Sonia
What does this sentence mean? "For New York, it's a great apartment. It's just hard to imagine paying so much and getting so little." "Yeah, I know. But believe it or not, this is a great deal. I think we'll be very happy here." she hugged me. "I think you will be, too. As long as you don't work too hard to enjoy it," she said lightly. It's kind of tricky for me to understand the last part, "as long as you don't work too hard to enjoy it." What does it exactly mean?
4
0
She's questioning whether the apartment is really a great deal. She's concerned that they'll have to work so hard, or so many hours to earn the money to pay the rent that they won't have time to enjoy their nice apartment or living in New York.
"as long as you don't work too hard to enjoy it." > he has been told the apartment is worth the price ,but only if you dont have to work very hard to afford to pay for it . . If you have to work very hard , then its not worth buying .
Sonia