Raquel
can there be something like unconscious racism?
Prejudice usually is unconscious to a certain extent. Holding your purse when a black person comes close could be considered racism, but at the same time you'll hit yourself in the head when you don't do it and that person snatches your bag. If statistics show that white people have more chance on a heart attack I'd be foolish not to get my heart checked regularly at a later age. Is it racism? Statistics tend to be this way and there's not much you can do about it. Of course you can get angry and smash your fist on the table but it won't help. In a sense most "racism" is just a form of prejudice. Just like when you see a fat person with a bag of potato chips people instantly think: "Haven't you had enough already?". Or when you see some boy with glasses and braces most people instantly think: "Nerd!" Just try to ignore what people think. The only important thoughts are those of yourself and your friends.
Yes, I think some people are naturally racist, or naturally homophobic. It's just how they are and how they've been bought up. But those people who have moral stands keep their natural racism or homophobia more or less to themselves. I know some people who are like this - they know it's not that and understand that it's their problem so they don't make it someone elses.
It's a very difficult question. In Poland Africans also meet with rasizm attacks, but most Jews are attacked.
Yes. It's probably from nurture/where you grew up, not to mention the human eye is naturally biased for security's sake.
yeh there is,if we r staring at person who is different for us,or being scared to some people because their face or body, or something like that