Ppman
Which is correct? Please 1 I am a twin/ a twins/ one of a twin? Which is correct? 2 a two minutes’ walk / a two minutes walk / a two-minute walk which is correct? 3 There is / are ten dollars in my pocket. 4 After I know about I am in huge debt, my legs are weak like jelly. Please correct the sentence. Thank you for your time.
4
0
1. I am a twin. 2. A two-minute walk. It's hyphenated because it's used as an adjective. http://www.getitwriteonline.com/archive/040201hyphadj.htm 3. There are ten dollars in my pocket. 4. After finding out that I was hugely/ deeply in debt, my legs felt like jelly.
'I am a twin', or, 'I am one of twins.' The first sounds more natural. 'a two minute walk' 'There are ten dollars in my purse' is technically correct, although many English speakers, including me, would say 'There's ten dollars... (which is a contraction of 'there is'' 'After I found out I was deeply in debt (or I had a huge debt), my legs were as weak as jelly. You could also say ' Now that I know I am deeply in debt my legs are as weak as jelly"
1. Normally we'd say something like '___ and I are twins' 2. A two minute walk 3. There are ten dollars in my pocket, but 'there's ten dollars' is used a lot so it's also acceptable. 4. After finding out that I was in huge debt, my legs felt weak like jelly.
Ppman