Max
I wish it was you... Hi, could you help me with this sentence? 너였으면 좋겠어 늦은 저녁 돌아오는 길 뜨겁게 안아줄 날 위한 한 사람 I know what 너였으면 좋겠어 means, but after that I'm lost... It would be fantastic if you could break it down word by word. Thank you :) Love Max
9
0
"I wish, the man who give me a warm cuddle when I come back midnight is you." I think this sentence likes poem or love letter. :)
You said "I know what 너였으면 좋겠어 means", but my impression is,,, In this context, '너였으면 좋겠어' refers the future. I(the singer) hope it is you who hugs me when... '...안아 줄...' is a future event. If you take '너였으면' as the past or present as you put 'i wish it was you', it means another hot guy hugs me(the singer) every night. So the singer is sad, because it is not you who hugs her...lol The singer imagined the future event has already happened in her/his mind. '너였으면' is more emotionally ardent or earnest than '너라면' which is simple assumption.
Here's a breakdown of the sentence. "너였으면 좋겠어 늦은 저녁 돌아오는 길 뜨겁게 안아줄 날 위한 한 사람" => "너였으면 좋겠어. 늦은 저녁 돌아오는 길(에) 뜨겁게 안아줄, 날 위한 한 사람" => (내가) 늦은 저녁 돌아오는 길(에) (날) 뜨겁게 안아 줄, 날 위한 한 사람(이) 너였으면 좋겠어 (conventional ordering) - (내가) 늦은 저녁 돌아오는 길에: on my way home late at night. - 뜨겁게 안아 줄: to hug me passionately / to give me a passionate hug. - 날 위한 한 사람이: the one person only for me. - 너였으면 좋겠어: I wish it was you / I wish it would be you. => I wish the one dedicated person to give me a passionate hug on my late night return home would be you. => I wish it would be you, the dedicated one to give me a passionate hug on my later night return home.
Max
English, German, Korean, Spanish
Korean