A.Mosavi
what is the difference between this articles ? How to understand that where should use at, in and on???
6
1
There´s no secret. You just have to get used to them. The more you learn the easier it becomes. AT 8:15 AT Christmas / Easter AT night AT noon AT the weekend ( BrE ) On the weekend ( AmE) IN the morning IN the evening IN July (months) IN summer (seasons) IN 1998 (years) IN the 20th century IN 5 minutes IN 2 weeks ON Sunday ( days of the week) ON the 28th of March ( in this case the date is included in the sentence) ON a winter night ON Monday morning ON My Birthday ON Christmas day AT for a POINT In for an ENCLOSED SPACE ON for a SURFACE On the wall On the ceiling On the door On the floor On the carpet On the menu On a page In the garden In london In france In a box on the cover In my pocket In my wallet In a building In a car At the corner At the bus stop At the door At the top of the page At the end of the road At the entrance At the crossroads At the front desk I hope it helps.
Tricky at; at the table, at a conference, at a quarter to ten, at your service, at a bus stop in; in a minute, in the box, in conference, in a conference, in a bus on; on time, on the table, on TV, on a bus So you can see that sometimes the words are interchangeable and sometimes not. in terms of time. At normally refers to a specific time 10:30. in refers to a gap of time so in 15 minutes and "on time" but there is no on 10:30 in terms of objects at means besides most things but inside a very big thing. So at a door (means besides the door) but at an airport means in the airport) in means inside on means on-top-of hope that helps
Correction: What is the difference between THESE articles?
A.Mosavi
English, Hindi, Persian (Farsi), Urdu