Tomomi
Would you help me understand this sentence? Would you help me understand this sentence? With Fund outflows to continue as the Fed is likely to reduce its QE purchases inflation not being a topic and the USD to trade on the firm side, we can expect a lower gold price. Q1. I expecially don't understand the part of "inflation not being a topic and the USD to trade on the firm side" Would you explain for me? Q2. I tried rewriting the sentence. Is it correct? With Fund outflows to continue, as the Fed is likely to reduce its QE purchases inflation would not be a topic and the USD would trade on the firm side, we can expect a lower gold price. (I took out this sentence from my textbook which was written by a non-native speaker)
2
0
"inflation not being a topic" so the guy thinks that inflation at its present level is not appearing in any real equations, so it is not big, growing or shrinking, "off topic" not relevant. and the USD to trade on the firm side" the guy is suggesting that generally the dollar exchange rate against a basket of currencies will rise yes "would" improves it, but it is "jargonese" that is a special language designed to keep outsiders out
Tomomi