Ruslan
What's the top ten languages spoken in the world With at least 250 million people speak Indonesian, I thought it was one out of the top ten language spoken in the world, but I'm not sure.
3
0
Here's a good article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/09/24/the-future-of-language/ An interesting point is the identification of "hub" languages. These are the languages into which smaller languages are most frequently translated. "books from Azerbaijan (one of the green countries) will nearly always be translated into Russian. From Russian, a book will most likely be translated into English — which is the world's premier hub language for written publications."
Tricky question. There are various sources online that rank languages by number of native speakers, number of total speakers, and number of countries in which a language is spoken. In my opinion, I consider the six languages of the United Nations (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish) the languages with the broadest overall utility. But there's no objective scale for the usefulness of a language. Of course, the "top" language is always the one you enjoy speaking the most :)
Ruslan
Arabic, English, Indonesian, Italian, Javanese, Turkish
Arabic, English, Italian, Turkish