Community Web Version Now Available
All are correct and the same meaning? (clothes etc) to dry in a spin-dryer. to spin-dry to machine-dry
Jan 18, 2016 8:08 PM
Answers · 2
I speak American English. Typically, we call a tumble dryer/spin dryer simply a "dryer". For the verb form, you could just use "to dry" or "to tumble dry." I have clothes in the dryer. = I have clothes drying right now in my tumble dryer/spin dryer/electric dryer. I need to dry some clothes. = I need to move wet clothes from the washing machine into the dryer. So if you're speaking to an American, you can assume that we know what a "dryer" is without being any more specific.
January 18, 2016
I, personally, call it a "tumble-dryer" (I am from the UK - maybe different in the US). I would therefore say: "To tumble-dry clothes".
January 18, 2016
Language Skills
English, Turkish
Learning Language