Kristina
What does "mouth restaurant" mean? Let's meet for lunch at mouth restaurant. (If it's the name of the reastaurant, it sounds strange to me.)Keith: Are you free on the thirteenth in the afternoon? Cathy: No I'm afraid not. I'm meeting Ruth then. How about the fourteenth in the morning? Keith: I'm sorry. I'm attending a meeting at the Hilton then. Cathy: What about the next day? Keith: No. I'm busy then too. I'm meeting Dorothy Heath at North Bridge Road. Are you free on Thursday afternoon? Cathy: Yes, I think I am. Let's meet for lunch at mouth restaurant. Keith: Good idea! Is two o'clock okay? Cathy: That's fine. See you there!
10
0
It must be the name of the restaurant.
It doesn't make a lot of sense. If it were the name of a restaurant it would have a capital 'M', not a small 'm', and I agree with you that it's an odd name for a restaurant. I've done a search and I've found this same conversation copied and pasted on dozens of low-quality websites around the world. It's probably a mistake of some kind. Don't worry about it.
Are you translating this from somewhere or did someone say this to you? It doesn't make sense as an English sentence, and the only thing I could think of is if someone were saying that they would meet you at the front or entrance to the restaurant.
It sounds as if it is the name of the restaurant itself, so the only correction would be, is to make the name of the restaurant in capital letters.
OK, thank you.
Kristina
English, Italian, Lithuanian, Russian
English, Italian, Lithuanian