Rahma
what does this idiom " I because " mean ?
14
0
I'm a U.S. native speaker. I've never heard it.
Rahma clarified: the context is "Actually House may sort of mind because I because I sort of set it up in House's name." I suppose this is dialog from the drama "House," and it might be a verbatim description. JUST GUESSING: Verbatim, word-for-word transcriptions of spoken English are very surprising. It's amazing how bad the grammar is and how many shortcuts even careful speakers make. Under stress, when you're trying to think of what to say, it is common to repeat phrases. Maybe something like this is happening. If I punctuate it this way: "Actually House may sort of mind because I--because I--sort of set it up in House's name." The "sort of" suggests that the speaker is embarrassed and is admitting to something he did that he shouldn't have done. He repeats "because I" because he's trying to get a little time to think of what words he wants to use. "Did somebody take cookies out of the cookie jar?" "Well, in a way, sort of, yesterday I--yesterday I--yesterday I did sort of borrow one or two."
that wouldn't be proper english. And the sentence you used as an example wouldn't be right either.
Do you mean "because I"?
It is incorrect English, give more details and we will be able to help you out.
Rahma
Arabic, English