Troy
Copy the accent, should it be correct? If I want to copy the accent of somebody and I say "I want to learn the English from you because of I want to copy the accent" so can it be? or "I want to mimic your accent" "I want to copy your accent" "I want to pretend to be like your accent" "I want you to teach me because your accent is my idol" grammar correct or brush up to a beautiful sentence please. Thanks. ps: I really need a partner that want to teach me some English through skype and want to learn some Thai from me If you are interested don't be hesitate to hit me up ^____^
7
1
The best choice is "I want to mimic your accent" You can also use copy instead of mimic The reason why us because it's a non offensive way of asking for help with sounding out words in the correct way.
"I want to mimic your accent." and "I want to copy your accent" are the same but I would suggest saying "I want to copy your accent." The word 'mimic' isn't always a good word in English. If you said "I want you teach me because your accent is my idol." you would probably get a laugh from the person :-)
Thank you ^_^
I would say, "I want to learn English from you, so I want to copy your accent." Sometimes "mimic" means sound exactly like a certain person for laughs. For example, Margaret Cho mimics her mother: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rzfUxzUsj8 You could also say Margaret Cho pretends to be like her mother. An idol when used in this way means a person--usually someone famous--not a thing. You could say, "That movie star is my idol."
Troy
English, Thai