秉奇
The usages of the verbal phrase "clear up"---the whole cloud system clears up 1. According to the weather report, the rain won’t stop until the whole cloud system clears up next Monday. - Is the sentence correct?Can the verbal phrase "clear up" collocate with the subject "cloud SYSTEM"? What dose "the cloud system" mean? 2. It cleared up soon after the rain. The weather cleared up soon after the rain. Weather cleared up soon after the rain. The cloud system cleared up soon after the rain. -Are these sentences all correct? Should I add a "the" before "weather"? Is "cloud system" exactly the same as the weather?
1
0
1. The sentence is all correct. Cloud system just means the group of clouds that make up a storm. You could remove system and make cloud plural and the sentence would still make sense. *does not dose. I'm not sure if that was just an accident or not but I'm just making sure. 2. You would have to say "the weather" but yes they are all correct otherwise. Cloud system is talking about the group of clouds. Weather is talking about how it is outside.
秉奇
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Spanish