April
how to use 'There you go.' naturally in everyday conversation I often heard people say 'there you go' or 'here you go' in many different situations when watching movies and TV series. I'm confused when these two sentences can be used and do they express similar meaning? thank you for explanation with examples!
4
0
Yes, they are largely interchangeable. The only difference would be the usual 'here' 'there' distinction. You might use 'there' if you were giving someone something to take away, or you were pointing at something that proved your point. e.g. 'there you go. There's an Air New Zealand plane. They do fly from here'. Conversely, use 'here you go' if you had discovered something and wanted someone to come to you to see it. 'Here you go - is this your missing earring?
Actually, you can say "there you go" or "here you go" when giving something to someone. I think that "here you go" is much more often used in that situation. Also keep in mind that "there you go!" can be said when someone is doing something or just did something well, as a form of encouragement. For example, if you were new at playing guitar and you were having trouble playing a note, and then after you tried for a while you did it correctly, I could tell you, "there you go! you're doing great!"
April
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Italian
English, Italian