Vitor
What is the difference of Gift and Present? Exemple; "Her daughter always receive wonderful gifts at Christmas" or "Her daughter always receive wonderful presents at Christmas"
7
0
What is the difference between 'gift' and 'present'? In your example, there is no difference - the two sentences have the same meaning. However, the two words are not exact synonyms. 'Present' is generally only used for personal gifts, such as you might give friends and family for birthdays, weddings and so on. You can also say 'gift' in these contexts. But 'gift' has other uses where you cannot use 'present'. For example, a company might hand out gifts to its clients, a magazine might offer a gift to its readers, or a rich person might give a painting to an art gallery as a gift. These are not personal offerings, so they are gifts rather than presents. We also use the word 'gift' for a special innate talent that someone might have, for example, "He has a gift for music".
I think there is no difference. You can either say "it's a present for you" or "it's a gift for you." No difference.
Present has several meanings Present can mean right now(. Ex: At this present time )Present (Pre-sent) is introducing a person(I present to you the queen and Present meaning a gift . I have a present for you
i was searching on some websites and they give to me some definations. For exemple: Verb - Present give something to (someone) formally or ceremonially. "A top executive will present an award to employees who built the F-150" but the defination and the verb gift was saying the same thing verb - gift give (something) as a gift, especially formally or as a donation or bequest. the company gifted 2,999 shares to a charity So there is no difference in this words. Right?
It's just a synonym but I guess the difference is "classic way" and "modern way".
Vitor
English, Portuguese