yanagi
What does NW10 7TX stand for? Hello, everyone. I would like to know what NW10 7TX stand for in the following sentence: The site comprises an area of 9.5 acres at the junction of the North Circular and Abbey Road, NW10 7TX. I think perhaps NW stands for North West, but I can not figure out what 7 TX means. Anyone lives in London? Please help.
4
0
It's a UK postcode, used by postal services to locate an address. We should write the postcode on letters and parcels. You're right that NW indicates north-west London. The remainder of the postcode identifies more exactly the street or a small group of properties. For example, my street has about 40 properties and we have the same postcode.
Just to add to what Michael has said. 'NW10' would be informative for anyone living in the region - it tells you what specific area of London you are talking about. The rest is just a code and so is meaningless to anyone other than a company delivering letters and parcels. GPS devices now use postcodes, too, to locate specific addresses electronically.
yanagi