Zieqry
Explaination for おきます- ~おいで, ~おいたら I need to know the meaning, usage and example of おきます- ~おいで, ~おいたら. I got confused on how it works and needs a bit help in explaining how.
1
0
こんにちは! I'm a native Japanese and I think I can help you. 【おきます】 「おきます」is usually used like 「~て おきます。」 and おきます=おく(which means like leave or keep it as it is)+ます(you may know this word. This makes words formal.) For example, 「あなたに借りていたこの小説、この机の上に置いておきます。」 *Which means like: [Look,] I leave this novel on this table which I've borrowed from you, [don't forget to take it] I think you still can't understand this. So I should say this first, this expression「おきます」 can't be translate into English as exactly what it means in Japanese. This おきます is used in situation like someone you are talking to is doing something else and it's hard to do something you want him/her to do for him/her. Let's think about the example I gave you. In that example, you want to return his novel to him, but you put the novel on table near him. BECAUSE, he was doing something else and couldn't receive it right now. Maybe his hands were full, because, for example, he was carrying boxes or his hands were covered with mud. So, this is used in siutation like you do somthing to others before they do that. Can you imagine that? I think this is very hard to understand. Here are some other examples I can think of. Just imagine it. I think getting used to this expression is the best way to be able to use this. 1.「この部屋暑いですね。窓を開けておきますね。」「ありがとう!」 *"This room is hot, isn't it. I'm gonna open the windows." "Thanks!" 2.「この本、本棚に戻しておくね。」「あ、戻さなくて大丈夫だよ。あとで読むから。」 *"I'll return this book to the bookshelf." "Oh, it's OK, since I'll read it later." [おくねis おきます's informal form. ~おくね=~おくよ] I'm not sure I can help you but good luck!
Zieqry
English, Japanese, Malay
Japanese