Nadia Gómez
IT Question (describing granting privileges on a computer) Hi I'm writing a document and I want to describe windows privileges: My sentence is the following "Grant privileges to the user in which you are running the windows services." That means, that you have to grant privileges to a user, and that user is the one which you install a Software and is the user that is running the windows services in the windows environment. I just want to know if I wrote it in the correct way. Thanks!
4
1
Well done! The relative pronoun is tricky. Here, you can't use "which" because you are referring to a person, "user". The preposition you need here is "under", for reasons I don't understand :-( "Grant privileges to the user account under which Windows services have been installed." You will also hear/read it this way: "Grant privileges to the user under whose account Windows services have been installed." (However, technically you are not installing under a user, but under a user's account.)
"Grant privileges to the user in which you are running the windows services." X "Grant privileges to those users who are running windows services." Privileges will be granted to those who have installed window new services update
Nadia Gómez