Behshid
I want to know about slang talking and obviously about verb like "WANNA", or some verbs like that? please make some example for them, thanks for helping
14
1
"Wanna" isn't slang (it's not a word or expression), it is just how North Americans pronounce "want to" when they speak rapidly and conversationally. I commend your dedication to learning natural speech, but this is not something a language learner should try to copy.
I agree. Stay away from slang until you have mastered proper English and even lived in an English speaking country where you will learn informal usage and when it is appropriate to use it.
I fully agree with Peter McK and Robert. Stay away from slang until you know proper English, or you are very comfortable with a particular expression. With slang, if you feel the need to ask when to use it, it simply means... don't use it! Something like 'wanna' sounds natural only on the lips of a native speaker who uses it very naturally, and knows when to use it and when not to. On the lips of a non-fluent speaker it usually makes the person sound like they have been learning English from a teenager or from a teenager show on TV. It just lowers the level of your English very significantly, and I strongly recommend to avoid it. It does not sound cool, it sounds low and cheap. In writing it simply looks terrible no matter who is writing.
Thank you for your helping John, I understand it
Behshid, it occurs to me that "wanna" and "gonna" are used *very* often in text messages, IM, Skype chat, etc. because it saves keystrokes. The tendency to leave out many, many letters and words is typical of internet communication. It is not correct or standard English in any way (yet) but it is useful to know what it means if you see it written.
Behshid
English, Persian (Farsi)