Jane
Do you agree that the more movies you've seen, the less pleasure, surprise or inspiration you get from them? I am a movie fan, but it seems to me that it's hard to find good movies nowadays. Do you feel the same or do you know what the possible reasons are?
Just try to watch different movies, instead of just one genre. If you only watch comedies they become dull after a while so try to go for different movies once in a while. Another thing you really should be doing is to look for movies from different countries. There are some pretty good German/French/Chinese/Korean etc. movies out there. Don't shy away from different languages, that's what subtitles are for. ;)
Well, a possible reason may that you compare Movies with each other. Since you have watched a lot, you may say "in this genre X Movie was much better"... and damn, there are quite some Movies which are realy hard to be topped. So, I would say its quite normal that you don't have much pleasure watching 'em anymore...
If with the same storyline I believe so. Don't worry, if it is the language you are learning it can help you through familiarization of the words and idioms they are using. Good luck!
well, don't waste you're time with Hollywood, search for independent movies and for foreign movies. hollywood make a lot of crap and just a few good thing every year, their not here to give inspiration away, but to take our money away from us. there's of course some exceptions to any rule! so don't you go for "mama mia" and that crap, even you will be willing to do crappy movies for a good cause (getting rich) so don't just rely on the director's name
Yes, i agree. So i don't see movies for months and months. I don't know what it mean to be a movie fan. Take your time.