Girls at the piano
Are these two sentences correct? 1. Writing daily to you becomes a great solace to me. 2. I became a member in his group of about 80 people. Are these two sentences correct?
7
0
1. Your sentence is technically correct, but a more natural way to say it would be: "Writing to you daily has become a great solace to me". 2. This one is a bit tricky. The right way to say it is "I became a member of a group". Keep in mind, though, that once you've become a member of a group you can say either "I am a member of a group" or "I am in a group".
Writing daily to you has become (to be) a (great) solace to me./Writing to you daily is a solace to me. I became a member of his group of about 80 people.
Hi, not quite. Writing daily is in a continuous tense. it therefore sounds a little odd with 'becomes'. It is also a little more natural when 'daily' follows 'you' Writing to you daily has become a great solace to me. or Writing to you daily became a great solace to me. You are normally a member of a group. I became a member of his group of about 80 people.
Girls at the piano
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Italian
English, Italian