秦之子
Could I say ' view from window ' ? Could I say ' view from window'? Or it should be write as ' a view from window'? If they both exist, what is the difference between them? And is there a phrase, a view of window? If there is the phrase, what is difference among them?
6
0
You just need to add the definite or indefinite articles to make the phrase correct. You can use any combination, but both are needed: - the view from the window - a view from a window - a view from the window - the view from a window
No, you cannot say 'view from window' unless you are writing in telegram-style note form, deliberately omitting the articles which should be there. In normal English, both of these nouns need articles, because both are singular and countable. Singular, countable nouns cannot stand alone in this way. The choice of article depends on whether you are talking about a specific view or a specific window or not. For example, you can say 'I liked my hotel room because the view from the window was was spectacular'. Here you are using two definite articles, because you are talking about a specific view from a specific window.' In other situations, you might use indefinite articles (to mean one of several possible or views or one of several possible windows) or one definite and one indefinite article e.g. a view from the window. It all depends what you want to say. But remember - single countable nouns do need articles.
秦之子