Edith Alejandra
Is it correct to say "I love to eat pizza"? Hi everybody! I have a doubt with verb patterns. I know that some verbs are gerunds and others are full infinitive. My question is with the verbs love o like. Is it possible to use with -ing and full infinitive. For example: I like/love eating pizza. or I like/love to eat pizza.
3
0
Yes, These are all correct: I love eating pizza. I love to eat pizza. I like eating pizza. I like to eat pizza. However, in conversation most people would just say "I love pizza", or "I like pizza". The verb "to eat" is assumed!
Agree with Richard !
I think if you want to make a detailed phrase you would use " I like/love to eat pizza.". Ex: I like to eat pizza with my friends . And if you want to make a more general phrase you would use " I like/love eating" Ex: I like/love eating and cooking. Anyway both forms are OK.
Edith Alejandra