Ian
Which word do I have to use for this statement? (wishing/expecting/wanting) It's about Kissing ...you are feeling like buttelrflies in your stomach, your heart is about to escape through your mouth and you are wishing/expecting/wanting that this kiss splendid kiss never ends,
4
0
I made a small correction "... you are feeling butterflies in your stomach, your hear is about to escape through your mouth and you are ______ that this kiss, this splendid kiss, never ends." What word you choose depends on how you feel: wishing and wanting are similar. They both mean that you desire something but wishing is a stronger feeling of wanting it. expecting means that you already think its going to happen. I would use wishing in this sense. Its a stronger way of saying that you desire the kiss.
I agree with leelou's correction "feeling butterflies" rather than "feeling like butterflies." As far as your choices, we should make some grammatical changes for each one: Wishing that this splendid kiss *would never end*. (It implies that you know that it will end, but you don't want it to. It's the most emotional choice here.) Expecting that this kiss *will never end*. (You actually think that it will last forever. You could use it metaphorically, meaning that of course you know that the kiss will end, but your feelings for the person will not.) Wanting *this kiss to never end*. (You don't want it to end! It might end or it might not, but you don't want it to.)
Ian
English, French, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish
English, French, Polish, Portuguese