Nanako
Which sentence is correct? Could you guys tell me which sentence is correct or sounds more natural? The salary was lower than she expected. The salary was lower than what she was expected. Another question. Can I replace salary to 'money'?Thank you for your answers!! I just noticed I was mistyping.. . I meant to say 'The salary was lower than what she expected' for the second sentence. I put 'was' in it by mistake. So if I say ' The salary was lower than what she expected', is this correct?
4
1
(presuming this is from a woman's perspective) 'The salary was lower than she expected' is correct. or 'The salary was lower than expected'.
The salary was lower than she expected. - correct sentence The salary was lower than what she was expected. - not correct The salary was lower than what she expected. - OK The salary was lower than what she was expecting. - OK
''The salary was lower than she expected'' is correct the word ''money'' is not accurate in this sentence :)
"The salary was lower than expected" seems better to me . And salary can be replaced, but by "payment". Money is acceptable, but not accurate. またね :)
Nanako
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese, Korean