Linaka
I think that is great How would that be said in Japanese? Would it be something like. おもい は それ で いい です。 I'm not entirely sure how to put the phrase together or if it even sounds natural in Japanese? A full sentence using it would be something like " I think that is great, you should definitely go for it."
8
0
I am not japanese but I would probably just say いいですよ。or いいですね。 If I wanted it to have greater emphasis I might say すばらしいですよ。
"I think that eating cake will make you fat" → "ケーキを たべると ふとると おもう。"、"I think that's a person you don't want to make mad" → "あのひとは、あなたが おこらせたくない ひとだと おもう。"、 "I think that time can slow down depending on how enjoyable something is" → "じかんは、ものごとが どれくらい たのしいかに よって ゆっくりと かんじることが できると おもう。" We usually translate " I think 〜" into "〜とおもう". If you want to connect "that is great" with " I think ", you can say " 〜は、とてもいいとおもう。". Does this make sense?
When you want to say "I think" in Japanese, you add と おもいます at the end, after whatever it was you thought (spaces used here for clarity only; there are usually no spaces in Japanese writing). So to literally say "I think that is good" you would say それ は  いい だ と おもいます But the direct translation from English is almost never going to sound like natural Japanese, so you might want to look for common phrases and expressions to study. I think if people were just talking, you'd probably hear something like いいですね!がんばってね - which translates roughly to "That's great! Go for it!" Good luck with your studies. :)
Thanks Adam :)
Found this after a quick google search, may be helpful if you are still a bit confused. http://www.punipunijapan.com/to-omoimasu/
Linaka
Japanese