NN Dương
"I like sping" in French. I see 2 cases: "J'aime le printemps" and "J'aime bien le printemps" What is the different? When do I use "bien"? ------------------------------------------------- Many thanks for your support :D
2
0
J'aime bien is not so much as j'aime . You can use j'aime bien if the person with you talk hasn't the same point of you and you don't want to offense her : For exemple : - I love spring ! - I rather love summer but j'aime bien le printemps also
j'aime: I like / I love... j'aime bien: I quite like... j'adore: I really really love... so the use of "bien", is a bit like a particle used in order to emphasize, as in "quite", "indeed", etc.. to confuse a bit more, you would use "bien" also to tone down the word: j'aime Emily: means you love her. j'aime bien Emily : I just like Emily (not true love)
NN Dương
English, French, German, Spanish, Vietnamese
English, French, German, Spanish