KellyXu
peg it??? that wasn’t the reason he was sending it. ‘Goodbye was a bit pessimistic,’ she said and even with a face mask on he could tell she was smiling. ‘A bit,’ he admitted. ‘That wasn’t the first time I thought I’d peg it.’ ‘Peg it?’ ‘I’m trying to do understatement.’ ‘You’re doing it very well. That was in the first storm?’ ‘Yup. When my tent cartwheeled off across the tundra and my laptop was frozen and I hadn’t thought about the aputiak. Couldn’t think straight at all.’ I would like to know what does "peg it "mean. Thanks .
3
0
Context is everything, but this usage of "peg" does not fit any normal definitions. I would guess the meaning is something like "chuck it", meaning throw it in or concede, perhaps in this context, to die.
This is tough because it has nothing to do with the previous sentence. Pegging or Peg it means to fix/attach something. For example, putting a nail in the coffin means to seal it shut. In this case, he's talking about pegging a tent stake into the ground. If you have ever built ikea furniture you have seen a peg. Pegs are little wooden nail/screw type objects.
KellyXu