Hawash
When am i supposed to use " Shall " instead of " Should " and what about the meaning ?!
7
0
This question is too broad . Try this site > http://www.myenglishteacher.eu/blog/english-grammar-shall-vs-should-with-examples/
basically, "should" is the past form of "shall"; However, you use "shall" usually to ask for permission, and "should" to express compulsion.
We should add that, at least in American English, "shall" is often archaic.
"Should/Shall I get the phone?" =same "Let's go, shall we?" (not should we) =In tag questions after "let's", use "shall" "Employees should/shall arrive at work on time" ="shall" is stronger, you could also use "must" in place of "shall" "Shall" and "should" (especially shall) are a bit "dangerous" in that they're often used in extremely old-fashioned ways, even in modern textbooks and dictionaries, such as *"I should like to go" :-( :-( :-( *"We shall arrive at 6:00" :-( :-( :-( My advice: avoid using "shall" when you can, and don't take too many risks with "should"
Hawash
Arabic, English, German
German